IoT is a network of physical objects, sensors, software tools, and technologies that connect with each other to exchange data with other devices on the Internet. There are five types of IoT which are as follows:
- Consumer IoT
- Commercial IoT
- Military Things
- Industrial Internet of Things
- Infrastructure IoT
Benefits of IoT:
Implementing IoT is highly beneficial in organizations as it improves staff productivity and reduces human labor. It eliminates the need of doing repetitive and boring tasks and automates them. It allows humans resources to focus on more complex tasks that require personal skills and out-of-the-box thinking. Thus, resulting in minimizing the number of workers and reducing the cost of business operations. It improves operation management and provides automated control over multiple operation areas, including inventory management, shipping tracking, fuel, and spare parts management. IoT facilitates better use of resources and assets and allows higher resource use like improved power management and water consumption. To further know about it, one can visit IoT Online Training. Apart from these, given below are some of the benefits of IoT.
- Cost Effectiveness- It reduces downtime periods and provides a higher production rate resulting in bigger profits. Moreover, it reduces the number of workers and automates mundane and repetitive tasks by itself.
- Improved Work Safety- IoT creates a safe working environment which makes the company more attractive to investors, partners, and personnel. IoT devices like cameras and sensors can prevent security threats like thefts and espionage.
- Business Development- Smart devices like speakers and voice assistants can directly interact with customers regularly. They provide necessary businesses with the necessary insights to make business and marketing strategies.
- Improves Company’s Image- Implementing high-tech solutions in an organization makes a positive impression on customers, investors, and business partners. Moreover, it attracts experienced staff to the company.
Future of IoT:
IoT is growing at a phenomenal rate and as per Cision, PR Newswire, the IoT market has shown a growth of 24.7%. Almost all the leading companies like Google, Cisco, Microsoft, Dell, Apple, Etc. are investing heavily in IoT applications. Due to these reasons, we can say that IoT has high potential in the future. This high potential has also given rise to multiple career opportunities in it. Many institutes provide IoT Online Training and one can enroll them to start a career in it. Given below are some of the future possibilities of IoT.
- Smart Cities- In upcoming times, cities will also be using this technology along with humans. Smart cities will help in saving time and money as it will be easy to automate, manage, and collect data. Cities will be equipped with more smart gadgets like video camera surveillance systems, bike rental stations, and taxis.
- Healthcare- We will see the future of IoT in the healthcare sector as it has proved to be one of the best tools for this industry. This technology will be useful to provide advanced healthcare facilities to patients, doctors, and researchers. It reduces errors in treatments along with their cost.
- Agriculture- This technology will be useful in the agriculture sector for precision farming. This use of IoT is very common in European countries but not in India. In upcoming times hazardous activities like spraying pesticides and chemicals will be done through IoT-enabled agricultural drones.
- Automobiles- Self-driving cars consist of IoT devices like cameras, sensors, navigators, and controllers. The arrival of 5g technology will shift the self-driving auto industry into a higher gear. In upcoming times new cars will increasingly analyze your data and connect with other IoT devices including other high-tech vehicles on four wheels.