The heavy-weight t-shirts are now super trendy these days! This year, these heavy-weight t-shirts have become one of the favorite all-rounder t-shirts to look out for the newest and modern fashion trends. But what elements are there in the making of heavy cotton t-shirts? Yes, we all know that cotton is the main ingredient of these t-shirts.
But, the interesting factor here is that these t-shirts boast heavy-weight cotton, as the name would suggest. The cotton in heavy-weight t-shirts is much denser and heavier than other cotton fabrics. As a result, the heavy-weight cotton t-shirts become more durable and sturdy.
In brief, there are many different types of cotton for different fabrics. And each type of cotton has a different job. Although, in general, I have mentioned below the most popular types of cotton that are common in clothing.
Moreover, in this article, we will cover everything you need to know about heavy-weight cotton t-shirts, how the heavy-weight has to do with the quality, what are the pros and cons of heavy-weight t-shirts, and how are they good. Is it a good investment for your next run of t-shirts? So here comes the run-down about heavy-weight cotton t-shirts!
Qualities Of A Heavy-Weight T-shirt!
Let’s look closely at the chart below to understand how heavy-weight cotton is different from other cotton types. The chart comes here:
|Cotton Type||Heavy-Weight||Use for Clothing|
|Cotton Denim||16+ ounces||Jeans|
|Cotton Jersey||6+ ounces||Tees|
|Cotton Canvas||12+ ounces||Work Wear|
|Cotton Flannel||6+ ounces||Shirts|
|Cotton Moleskin||14+ ounces||Work Wear|
|Cotton Corduroy||12+ ounces||Casual Wear|
Qualities Of A Heavy Weight T-Shirt?
So, the main qualifier of the heavy-weight cotton t-shirts is Gildan G500. The T-shirt (Gildan G500) is made of heavy-weight cotton. The t-shirts weigh around 6 oz. Typically, industries construct heavy-weight cotton clothing where heavy cotton is fusing, giving them additional weight so that the heavier the cotton, the stronger the t-shirt will become more durable and stronger! And with a heavy-weight cotton t-shirt, you get your hands on the following:
A Perfect Structured Fit:
If you have ever used a heavy-weight cotton t-shirt, you might have noticed that heavy-weight cotton t-shirts (and other clothing items) offer a more structured look on you. On the one hand, light-weight cotton clothing always blows in the air whenever you step out of the house. On the other hand, the heavy-weight cotton fabric is studier and does not easily blow by the wind outside. They are the perfect fit and look stiff at all times!
So now, let’s ponder over how heavy-weight cotton is constructed. It all starts with weaving and fusing different types of threads altogether to give a sturdier feel to the heavy-weight cotton. Unlikely, heavy-weight cotton consists of more threads than normal cotton. This is the main reason why heavy-weight cotton has a longer-lasting lifetime and is durable for workwear.
Gives More Warmth:
Another major difference between light-weight and heavy-weight cotton is that they offer different types of resilience against moisture. Let’s see how lightweight cotton helps. They being lightweight offers a cooling effect. Light-weight cotton fabrics are breathable and porous. Which means they allow the air to pass through the fabric.
In contrast, heavy-weight cotton is more reliable! They are the best clothing for winters. Due to the heavy cotton, it adds an extra protection layer against the cold.
Pros And Cons Of Heavy-Weight Cotton!
As discussed earlier, heavy-weight cotton clothing has closely knitted threads, which makes it durable for workwear! Along with it, there are many different types of heavy cotton. So let’s discover what the ideal situations are where a heavy-cotton fabric works and where it fails. Mention below are the pros and cons of heavy-weight cotton fabrics:
Pros Of Heavy Weight Cotton:
- Long Lasting: Heavy cotton fabrics are durable for workwear because they are long-lasting and run for a longer duration. You can even wash them multiple times without worrying about the fabric quality. The best part? You don’t need to run to the store because they last longer than you think.
- It Won’t Tear Easily: Another advantage is that heavy-cotton fabrics are sturdier and stronger than regular cotton cloths. That is why the tightly woven heavy cotton fabric is not easily tearable, and you won’t find any holes even when you use it for hard-purpose jobs.
- Say Goodbye, To Wrinkles: It’s always important to look proper, clean, and professional at work! So another plus point here is that with a heavy-cotton t-shirt you will never have to face this problem. Heavy Cotton T-shirts are absolutely wrinkles-free!
- Warmth: With reference to Canvas (which is a heavy-weight cotton material) they are made to provide additional warmness! Heavy cotton is heavier and denser which makes it perfect for colder months. No doubt, they are the best option so far for winters because they are known as excellent heat-trappers.
Cons of Heavy Cotton:
- It Is Slightly Expensive: Cotton is a natural fiber! It is the most expensive one! So the more the cotton-filled fabric, the more expensive it would be. However, you can count on the excellent quality, durability, and a plus point that it lasts longer! So you no need to run for a new cotton t-shirt after a few months! It is a heavy investment, but today, heavy-cotton t-shirts are in popular demand for clothing.
- Sometimes It Is Stiff: It depends on the manufacturer and the brand you buy from! But sometimes, it often feels stiff and rough on the neckline.
There are no big cons with heavy-cotton apparel! Undoubtedly, heavy cotton is great for many reasons. They are a great winter staple, and their higher dense feel, durability, and fitted structure make them a great wardrobe essential for workwear! Additionally, heavy cotton can bear the test of time and remains solid for years to come!