The construction equipment is the helping hands of the workers. They are designed to make the hardest job quicker and easier. Depending on the size and project type, these machines are modified to perform with their maximum efficiency.
It is very common that the machines to run on the wheel, whereas, some construction equipment is fitted with tracks in place of the wheels. The track is of two types steel tracks and rubber tracks. Both types of tracks have their advantages. However, the rubber tracks cause less to no damage to the roads, in comparison to the steel track. Besides them, the rubber track is less prone to rusting. They also give extra durability and are lightweight.
Although, the rubber tracks need some extra care to keep them sustainable for a long time. The fleet owner having agriculture equipment or other machines must know about the preventive maintenance tips for the rubber tracks. In this article, some important tips are given to increase the lifespan of a rubber track.
Preventive maintenance tips for rubber tracks
- Before operating any equipment, always look closely for the warning and damage signs. The track must be aligned to crawl freely even on the rough terrain.
- The machine comes with the operator’s manual guide as well. Read and understand carefully to understand the required precautions for the rubber track. It will mention in the manual how much the gap should be between the lugs and mid rollers. Keep it the same.
- Check the track tension guide from the manual and do not exceed that limit.
- It is recommended to regularly check the rubber track, drive rollers, and bogie wheel so that you may early detect the damages. If any debris is stuck in the track, the pressure will rise in the track and undercarriage. Remove the debris and keep it free.
- You can use a pressure washer to clean the rubber track. It is easy to use and highly efficient cleaning tool.
- Do not try to Overspeed the equipment and avoid taking tough turns in speed.
- After every 50 hours of operations, check the sprocket rollers.
- The rubber tracks must not be run in reverse. It will make stress on the track, which will cause wear and tear on it.
- If the surface has more inclines and declines slopes, avoid heading your equipment there, as they might severely affect the rubber tracks of the equipment.
- If rubber-tracked equipment is standing in your fleet for a quite long time, try to operate them for a few minutes so that they may not lose the elasticity of the track.
- Try to keep the machine in a cool environment so that the rubber track would not affect by the extreme heat.
The construction equipment including the agriculture equipment is sometimes equipped with tracks instead of wheels. They are dedicated to performing some specific jobs. The tracks are steel tracks or rubber tracks. The rubber track needs some extra care in comparison to the steel one. In this article, you can read about the important tips about the maintenance tips for the rubber track, so that they may stay for longer.