QuickBooks is a popular online application used by business organizations to securely manage their wealth of financial records and financial statements. It provides users with multiple features that are regularly updated according to the latest technology in the market. However, these simple updates can be complicated due to some bugs. One of them is QuickBooks error 15271.
QuickBooks error 15271 is a payroll error that occurs when trying to update the payroll functionality. When a user encounters this error, they will see an error message such as “Payroll update did not complete successfully”. Unable to validate the file.”Unable to validate the file.”This blog describes what this error is, how it happens, and what steps you can take to fix this error. However, if you run into any issues, please contact our support team.
Possible Causes of the Payroll Error 15271
Before jumping into the troubleshooting methods to fix the error, it is important to know the factors triggering such errors to avoid future complications. The Payroll error 15271 can occur for several reasons. Some of them are
- Outdated QuickBooks application: The QuickBooks application is not the latest version.
- Old payslip details: QuickBooks has not updated the payroll tax table.
- Windows security settings: Windows security does not allow QuickBooks to update payslips.
- Improper User Account Control: Windows User Account Control settings are not set according to the needs of the QuickBooks application.
Read also: QuickBooks Error 1603
Fixing the 15271 Error in QuickBooks
We have tried to highlight easy-to-implement methods to fix the 15271 Error in QuickBooks. Follow the steps to get rid of this error permanently.
Solution 1: Install the Payroll Update
- From the desktop, select the Start button, then select the Restart button. Press and hold the F8 key while the desktop restarts until the Advanced Boot Options screen appears.
- Select Safe Mode and press Enter. Then try to install the payroll update in safe mode.
- If you can update your payslip in safe mode, it indicates that there is a problem with your computer that is causing this error.
Solution 2: Download/Update Wage Tax Schedule
- Open QuickBooks and go to the “Staff” tab. From the “Get Salary Updates,” choose “Download Full Salary Updates” from the menu.
- Select Download the latest version and wait for the latest payroll tax table to download.
You may also read: QuickBooks Error 179
Solution 3: Disable User Account Control
- On the desktop, click the Start button, and on the Search programs and files menu, click Search programs and files.
- Enter the UAC settings or manually find the User Account Control settings in the desktop settings.
- Change your User Account Control settings, move the slider to Never Notify, and press Enter.
- Restart your computer and try to install the payroll update to see if it is still interrupted by the 15271 error.
In this blog, we have introduced possible causes and solutions for QuickBooks error 15271. We would like to say goodbye to you in the hope that you can fix this error by following the step-by-step method explained in the article above. If you have any questions, please dial 1.855.738.2784 for satisfactory results.
Recommended to read: QuickBooks Network Connection Error