Having a beautiful composite decking space is a great way to enjoy the outdoors with family and friends. But, it’s important to make sure you keep your composite decking clean and safe. One of the best ways to do this is by using ammonia-free dish soap. By mixing a few simple ingredients, you can easily create a cleaning solution that is safe for use on composite decking and will leave your outdoor area looking like new. In this blog post, we’ll explain exactly how to clean your composite decking safely with ammonia-free dish soap.
In order to clean your composite decking safely and effectively, you will need the following items:
• 1 gallon of water
• 2 tablespoons of ammonia-free dish soap (such as Murphy’s)
• 1 pint of rubbing alcohol
• 1 quart of oxygen bleach
With these materials, you can safely tackle any komposittrall längder problem you may have on your decking. It’s important to note that if you are using chlorine bleach instead of oxygen bleach, you should be very careful so that you use only ammonia-free dish soap in your cleaning solution.For particularly stubborn stains, you can add additional oxygen bleach or rubbing alcohol to the solution to get better results.
1. Start by gathering all the necessary materials – 1 gallon of water, 2 tablespoons of ammonia-free dish soap (such as Murphy’s), 1 pint of rubbing alcohol, and 1 quart of oxygen bleach.Make sure you check with the manufacturer of your decking material before using any ammonia-free soap solution to make sure it is approved for use on the type of composite material you have.
2. Pour all the ingredients into a bucket and stir them together to form a mixture.
3. Use a deck brush or stiff broom to spread the mixture across the surface of your cleaning composite decking.
4. Let the solution sit for at least 15 minutes before scrubbing it into the deck with a scrub brush. This will help ensure that the mixture has enough time to penetrate any stubborn stains and dirt.
5. Rinse off the deck with clean water and allow it to dry completely before applying any sealant or staining.
6. For particularly stubborn stains, you can add additional oxygen bleach or rubbing alcohol to the solution to get better results.
7. Once the deck is dry, you can apply a sealant or stain to protect it from future damage.
1. For those who want to add extra composite inspiration to their deck, use a pressure washer for deep cleaning. Just be sure to use a fan-style nozzle and keep the pressure setting low so you don’t damage the decking material.
2. Sweep the deck regularly with a soft-bristled broom or vacuum cleaner to prevent dirt and debris from getting ground into the surface.
3. Consider applying a composite sealer every few years to protect your deck from water damage, UV rays, and stains.
4. Make sure you check with the komposittrall of your decking material before using any ammonia-free soap solution to make sure it is approved for use on the type of composite material you have.