Amer fort is the royal palace of Raja Man Singh. This fort was built in 1592 AD, in a small town Amer which is about 11km away from Jaipur city. It is a beautiful fort made of yellow and pink rocks which give it royal look. The fort has a perfect blend of Mughal and Rajasthani architecture.
This has a magnificent vibe of Rajasthani traditions along with the Mughal culture. Amer fort was for the royal family during the 11th century, till the capital shifted to Jaipur after 150 years.
Attractions of Amer fort
- Elephant Rides :- It is the must to do thing in Amer fort. Riding on the back of an elephant provides a scenic view of Aravalli ranges from the hill. It is the most fun thing, climbing on the hill while being on the back of an elephant. The highs, as well as lows on the back, will provide the best experience.
- Puppet Shows :- These shows are played inside the fort in some specific locations. Foreigners find it entertaining, to see puppets dancing during dinner times. These puppets show tells the short stories of the royal palace along with the king’s bravery.
- Light and Sound Show :- This show is after sunset in the evening. The whole fort lightens up making it a jewel piece and the sound played reciting the royal as well as the brave history of Rajput rulers. The story becomes more special with the words of Gulzar in the voice of Amitabh Bachchan.
- Dance Shows :- These shows are in Sukh Mahal for visitors. Here the traditional Rajasthani folk dance is performed with various props. Tourists enjoy this part of the fort too as they engage themselves with the dancers for gaining the full experience of Rajasthan.
- Restaurants :- There are various cafes as well as restaurants in the fort for the tourist to have their meals. These cafes and restaurants provide different kinds of cuisines from Royal Rajasthani thali to continental dishes.
Best time to visit Amer Fort
Tourists do not need any best time to visit Amer fort as it is an everyday location. People visit here more often to lighten up their mood away from the loud noises of traffic in the city. But it is recommended for tourists to visit the fort during the winter season. From October to February, because during these months the weather is quite chilling and calm. Therefore, they can easily explore the fort and enjoy its beauty and picturesque views.
Specialties of the Fort
This fort has four sections, with its own gardens, courts, gateways, yards, and palaces. These partitions are like the queen’s palace, king’s palace, palace for court people, and so on. Each segment of the fort has its own historical story.
- First Courtyard :- The name of this courtyard is Jaleb Chowk. Ganesh Pol is the entrance to this courtyard. This courtyard was made for soldiers to show their prizes of victory to the country’s people. In the right corner of this courtyard, there is the temple of Shila Mata and the Shingar Mahal where the women of the royal palace used to sit and view the wins. There are rooms for soldiers and a stable for horses.
- Second Courtyard :- There is a staircase that leads the way to the second courtyard. There is a big hall that is the court named Diwan – e – Aam, it is the court for the general public of the country. This hall is a blend of Mughal and Rajput architecture. Furthermore, you can see the structures of elephants on the top of the pillars. There are 64 pillars in this hall. Along with the Diwan – e – Aam, Diwan – e – Khas is also there for the king to have meetings with his guests, minister, and ambassadors. And it was only for the ranked people and for the people related to the royal family.
- Third Courtyard :- This courtyard is for the residential purpose of the king along with his family. Ganesh Pol is the entry gate for this courtyard. Two buildings opposite each other are here. The building on the left side is Jai Mandir or Sheesh Mahal. The interior of this building is of colorful mirrors on its wall and enlighten it with the light of a candle. In opposite, to Sheesh Mahal, there is Sukh Niwas also known as Sukh Mahal. This is a white marble building so that the king to spend quality time with his queen. In between these two buildings, there is a garden formed on the lines of the Mughal Garden.
- Fourth Courtyard :- This is the palace for the Queens and their attendants. Here are several rooms as well as courts for queens where they do their meetings. In the south of this courtyard, there is the palace of Raja Man Singh which is the oldest building in the fort. In the courtyard, there is a temple known as Jas Mandir where the royal women worship.
It can be concluded that the Amer fort is the jewel of Jaipur. Thus it is a beautiful palace on the hills of Aravalli and Maota lake at the bottom. In the palace, there is a road popular as Meena Bazar. There you can find the traditional artworks, sculptures, clothes, and various historical things of Rajasthan. Hence, the Amer fort is the destination with the royal feel of Rajput. Therefore, here you can experience the Rajawadi Shaan of Rajasthan.
If you want to know more about the travel destinations in India, then must visit ghummoindia.com
And for more information, stay updated with thetodayguide.com