Do you find it annoying that QuickBooks Desktop won’t launch? You will get all the knowledge you require in this post to solve this problem.
The “QuickBooks won’t open error” frequently occurs while attempting to view your company file. When the program files suffer damage, this error is visible. To have all of your questions about the Error answered, be sure to read this article all the way through.
Major triggers behind ‘QuickBooks Desktop Doesn’t Start’ Error
One or more causes could be to blame for this QuickBooks desktop won’t open error. The following causes are listed:
- Extremely long company name;
- Damaged hard drive;
- Incorrect QuickBooks Desktop installation;
- Missing or corrupt QBWUSER.INI file.
- Your operating system not supporting QuickBooks Desktop.
- Important QuickBooks files may be unintentionally deleted.
Updated Methods for ‘QuickBooks Desktop Doesn’t start or Won’t Open Error’
There are several ways to resolve this QuickBooks desktop won’t open error. To fix this technical issue, carefully follow each of the instructions listed below.
Method 1: Restart the Desktop
Restart your computer and make sure QuickBooks is open. Verify that the error has been fixed. Otherwise, abide by the rules established by the next approach.
Method 2: End the ‘QBW32.exe’ process
- First, start the task manager by performing a right-click on the Windows taskbar.
- Tap on the “Processes” tab.
- Select the header for “Image Name.” The procedures will then be sorted alphabetically.
- Look up for “EXE” in the search box.
- Right-click “exe” and choose “End Process.”
Method 3: Rename ‘QBWUSER.ini’
QuickBooks software cannot access this file if it is renamed; instead, it is forced to generate a new file on its own. Any problems present in the old file would not exist in the new file. Follow the directions below to rename the file:
- Rename the file ‘QBWUSER.ini’
- You must gain access to the folder containing the “.ini” If you are unable to find it, turn on hidden files and folders.
- After finding “ini,” choose “Rename” from the menu.
- Add the extension “.old” to the end of the file name.
- Press the Enter key to update the filename.
- Verify that the problem has been fixed. If the issue still exists, move on to the next strategy.
Method 4: End any QuickBooks-related processes
Stop all QuickBooks processes via the task manager. Just follow the steps below:
- Hold down the “Ctrl + Alt + Del” keys at the same time.
- Pick the ‘’Open Task Manager’’
- Opt for “Processes.”
- Right-click on QuickBooks-related processes.
- Choose the ‘End Process’
- Restart the system after the process is finished.
- Reopen the QuickBooks Desktop to see if the problem has been resolved.
Method 5: Suppress QuickBooks Desktop Installation
- To open the QB Desktop icon, right-click it while holding down the “CTRL” key.
- When the window that reads “No Company Open” appears, hold down the “Ctrl” key.
- Open QuickBooks Desktop right away to see if the problem has been resolved.
Method 6: Create a new Windows Admin User
- First, browse the “Control Panel” by opening it.
- After double-clicking the “User Account” option, choose “Manage User.” Now click “Add.”
- After that, input the domain name and administrator’s name. Hit the “Ok” key.
- Toggle to “Administrator.”
- In the end, press “Finish.” The ‘User Accounts’ dialogue box will then be displayed to you. Select “OK” here.
Method7: Use QuickBooks Tool Hub
The QuickBooks tool hub program has many advantages. It provides support for and helps eliminate technical difficulties and error codes that may be experienced when using QuickBooks. To use the software, adhere to the steps listed below:
- Before starting off, make an exit from the QuickBooks application.
- Now, the QuickBooks Tool Hub needs to be Downloaded from intuit website & Installed on the system.
- Follow by opening the QuickBooks tool hub file after the installation is complete.
- Use the various tools within the tool hub to fix QuickBooks won’t open issue.
- You must reopen QuickBooks Desktop to see if the error has been fixed.
Solution 8: Rename ‘.ND’ & ‘.TLG’ Files
The error that QuickBooks cannot be opened may be fixed by renaming the “.ND” and “TLG” files. The file name must conclude with the extension “.OLD.”
Follow the steps listed below to rename the “.ND” and “TLG” files:
- Launch QuickBooks Desktop and use the F2 key to access the Product Information
- Check the location of the company file and open the folder holding your company file under the “Product Information” section.
- You now need to find the files that have your company file’s name but have the extensions “.ND” and “TLG.”
- Tap on “Rename” after you right-click on these files.
- Follow the filename with the extension “.old.”
- Reopen QuickBooks Desktop to see if the error has been fixed.
We hope QuickBooks launched without any further incident and that you are not encountering any problems. The easiest troubleshooting techniques to resolve the QuickBooks desktop won’t open or doesn’t start error were covered in this post.
Please don’t hesitate to contact our 24/7 QuickBooks error support expert team via our helpline i.e., 1-800-761-1787 if you experience any difficulties while using the aforementioned techniques.